Tweets From Social Science One
- The Commission of academics at Social Science One have license to designate any data within Facebook as useful for research on “the effects of social media on elections and democracy.” If we succeed here, we hope to be able to expand to areas like health, well being, and others
- Social Science One is a new organizational model for industry-academic partnerships that makes it incentive compatible for both companies and scholars to participate. For details, see t.co/3KIEpuZlTX
- A new piece from the Poynter Institute on who shares more fake news, and fact checks, on Facebook, highlighting work done by Social Science One Committee members @andyguess and @j_a_tucker with @Jonathan_Nagler t.co/c1CUFr1Nqy
- Today, we're working hard on the Data Use Agreement to access Facebook data. We're helped in this effort by teams of attorneys at half a dozen universities, a team at Social Science One, and one at Facebook. Hard work, but we're getting there!
- Social Science One is now partnering with CrowdTangle, a widely used tool for analyzing social media posts. CrowdTangle data will be made broadly available to academics for the first time ever. For more information, see our new codebook: t.co/I6n4J1QWiS