Tweets From Social Science One
- Several more RFPs are on their way from Social Science One, two planned for later this month. The first will be on a survey of the #MexicanElection we conducted, where respondents opted in to share their Facebook data with researchers. See t.co/FLLuaf261j
- Social Science One is grateful to @SSRC_org, this project’s funders, and Facebook, without whose partnership this would be impossible. t.co/Cd0dzqYSkP
- Academics can now submit proposals to study information/misinformation, based on a dataset of public URLs Facebook users globally have clicked on, when, and by what types of people, including many links judged to be intentionally false news stories by third party fact checkers.
- Our first project is helping researchers study Facebook data to analyze the role of social media on elections and democracy, using our model that protects individual privacy and academic freedom
- We are excited to launch t.co/TlkEQMzQhu, a new model of industry-academic partnership, which will facilitate previously-impossible research into some of society’s most pressing problems. t.co/cFXS1IPmfN